26 Jun How to Achieve Great Curls
If you’ve always wanted to create the kind of beautiful curls seen here on Meron, from Aveda’s “Rare Bloom” Spring 2015 collection, Tippi Shorter provides the steps in perfect time to emulate a fresh style for the spring.
These lush and springy curls are vibrant and perfectly styled to highlight the hair’s texture and gorgeous color, resulting in a look that would blend in on a prairie, among wildflowers and colorful insects.
- Divide your hair into 3 sections (back and sides). Beginning in the back section, take a 1” square subsection, and clip the remaining hair aside.
- Prep damp hair by emulsifying 1 pump of Be Curly™ Style-Prep™ in your hands and running them through the subsection. Brush through with an Aveda Wooden Paddle Brush.
- Style by emulsifying a pea-size amount of Brilliant™ Humectant Pomade in your hands and spread it on the same subsection.
- Divide the subsection into 2 strands, and twist them together in the desired direction from roots to ends using firm tension. Repeat until all the hair is set.
- Using your blow dryer on high heat, to fully dry.
- Finish by massaging 4-6 drops Dry Remedy™ Daily Moisturizing Oil into your hair. Untwist hair and gently separate with your fingers or the tail of a tail comb to build maximum volume.
Read more at Aveda’s Blog!